Are banks ready for cloud?
Chris Skinner, Chairman of The Financial Services Club will chair this Panel Discussion.
Cloud computing has been rising in popularity for almost half a decade, and yet some banks are still suspicious of the trend. Are their suspicions well placed or just follies in the age of digital services for everything? The Financial Services Club will debate the whole topic on 28th November to answer the big questions:
· How do we define cloud
· How are banks adopting and using cloud?
· Where is the opportunity for banks to use cloud and what are the benefits?
· What, if any, are the issues of security and the legal and regulatory requirements relevant to cloud?
· What are the things a bank needs to do before data is put into a cloud?
In a first for a while, the Financial Services Club is going to find out the answer to these and other questions through a panel debate with a great set of qualified practitioners:
· Glen Robinson, Solution Architecture Manager, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
· Jim Odell, Partner, Kemp Little Consulting
· Todd Latham, Chief Marketing Officer, the Currency Cloud
· Mike Walters, Head of UK Corporate Payments, Barclays Bank
· Paul Hinton, Partner, Kemp Little