This house believes greed - not fear - will drive Goliath’s thirst for risk data
Subject: A debate about the firms’ risk management priorities for 2011
New capital ratios and plans for new market infrastructure will be blessed by the G20 before the end of the year.
The Goliaths of the banking industry will soon be brandishing their new business models, capital and liquidity ratios to investors and customers. The board’s thirst for new information from their infrastructure and the market will grow ... Or will it?
· What are the business implications of Basel III and market restructuring?
· How will the combined impact of these changes shift priorities for risk managers?
· What does this mean to the way risk is managed across the firm?
· How can firms overcome the technical risk barriers that stand in their way?
· Will the ‘fear factor’ or the ‘greed factor’ kick in first?
Come and join the discussion, with an expert panel comprising of:
· Yaacov Mulnikas, Head of Risk Architecture, Prudential Risk Division, FSA
· Bill Rickard, Head of Strategy and Policy, RBS Group Treasury
· Rosali Pretorius, Partner, SNR Denton
· James Babicz, Head of Risk, SAS
You will have the chance to debate the house view under the Chatham House Rule. The panel will be chaired by Capital Markets Chamber leader, PJ Di Giammarino.
The session will be followed by drinks, canapés and networking.